Whittier Kindergarten

Whittier Kindergarten

Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome!

Hi, my name is Jaime Grimes. This coming school year will be my fifth year teaching Kindergarten at Whittier Elementary School. I was born and raised in Frederick, Maryland. I went to Hood College and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education. I am currently pursuing a  Master's Degree, at Hood College. I am studying Curriculum and Instruction. This year will be my 2nd year as the mentor for new teachers in our building. I'm very excited to continue in this leadership role.I love dogs (I have a little 5 lb dog named Emma – which my kids will hear all about), being outside and sightseeing!  I am getting married this June – I will probably have the kids call me Ms. Grimes until the following school year : ) I am one of five wonderful kindergarten teachers this year. My teammates are fabulous and any one of us will be more than willing to answer questions and support your student and family in any way! Whittier is a great community and we are so lucky to have your student in Kindergarten this year. Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. I'm looking forward to another wonderful year at Whittier Elementary! As the school year progresses, please check out our classroom blog for updates. I will use the blog a lot this year (take a look at the posts from last year!). I give families a weekly, Sunday update on curriculum, goals, pictures and special events. During the first week of school, I will send home a permission slip detailing whether or not you would like your child's picture, name, etc., featured on the blog. Please take time to consider this, the blog is not private and anyone may access it. Thanks, and once again, we are so excited to have your student at Whittier!

**Please note that our specials, library and academic schedule will be updated this week**

**Join us for Back to School Night, Thursday, August 20th at 5pm**

**Join us for an ice cream social, Thursday, August 20th from 5:30 - 6:30 pm**

**If you have any questions about our staggered start kindergarten schedule, please contact the office or your classroom teacher**

Thank you,
Ms. Grimes 


No comments:

Post a Comment